This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By sharper
I think that this is a song sparrow, although I could be wrong, but I am posting here because of the banding. Does anyone know who might have banded it and should the sighting be reported somewhere. I took this picture today (1:30 PM) at Swan Lake, Victoria, BC, near the Nature House (along the ramp to the viewing float). Thanks, Susan

Thanks, Ted. I found the link shortly after posting my pic. Too bad the Song Sparrow Spotting website link there is not working. I have emailed one of the contacts to find out if they still want sightings reported.....likely not. Good story.
sharper wrote:Thanks, Ted. I found the link shortly after posting my pic. Too bad the Song Sparrow Spotting website link there is not working. I have emailed one of the contacts to find out if they still want sightings reported.....likely not. Good story.
Gosh I hope somebody would be interested. It seems like bird-banding is valuable enough that they'd want the sighting to be reported.
Thanks everyone. I, too, got in touch with Liane last week and they still want sightings reported. Keep watching for them at Swan Lake and Rithet's Bog! Susan

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]