This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By jewill
Wow! Same goes for your American Goldfinch and Belted Kingfisher pics.
I hope you will contribute to the annual “Big Year Challenge” which will be starting up again tomorrow. The only rules are the photo is taken in 2021 and in BC.
I look forward to seeing more of your work.
By 1Time
Never heard of or seen in all my time working and hunting in BC. Then i was driving a back road in Okanagan. I noticed a small movement off to the side in about 8-10” grass. Assuming it was a squirrel or chipmunk then it flew up with a mouse in talons only up on a branch which was eye level only a few feet in front of my truck. I could not figure out what i was seeing? Then to answer my question his head swivels like no other bird I’ve seen. In disbelief I said its an owl! Having never seen one. Had heard of a small burrowing owl, maybe that is what I was seeing? But? Is this a baby owl? No it cant be already hunting by by itself? Yes i snapped a picture and tried to video a short time. Then all I could think about was what? Had i seen. Google as soon as got home. What is a northern pygmy owl Wow i never even heard of them. But I believe that is what I saw. Awesome experience of wonder and moderate confusion where i could not believe my eyes. New to this site so dont see any add pics buttons

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]