The forum is for information, questions and discussions about locations to go birding within British Columbia.
Hi, I'm coming to Vancouver 23 May until 12 June. I am staying in deep Cove for five days.
I am aware of Maplewood reserve and of Burnaby Park and Deer Park. How good is the birding at the time of my visit? Can any one suggest other areas in Van.
Will be travelling north to Squamish and Whistler for five days, any good spots would be welcome.
Many Thanks
Steve
If you are in Deep Cove, perhaps Cates park is a good place to look.

http://www.deepcovebc.com/parkscatespark.html

Burnaby Lake and Deer Lake in Burnaby are what you are referring to, I believe. Will you be staying with friends? Perhaps they have some idea of some "wild" areas near them. I wonder about Lynn Valley in North Vancouver. Also, Mount Seymour. How about the Capilano area?
InterRiver Park now in North Van is a little hot spot with Chipping Sparrows and just had a Say's Phoebe.

Seymour Demonstration forest is good and Grouse Mountain's Powerline Trail.

Lynn Canyon is another good spot.

Burnaby Mountain is a good spot across from Deep Cove as well that has sooty grouse and warblers and pileateds etc. You can go to PNE grounds to Hastings Park where a green heron hung out last year.

You've got lots of options in West Van too like Lighthouse Park and Klootchman Park. Not to mention on the sites in Vancouver including Lost Lagoon and Beaver Lake in Stanley Park.

Cheers,

Mel
Many thanks to mcrosbie and Mel for suggestions. This is a first trip to Canada/BC.
You have given me some good recommendations. Can't wait to experience birdwatching in Van!
Thanks again.
Steve

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]