This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
By oldisnew45
ok folks I need some help again.
I need to upgrade my binoculars on a budget.
I once had a pair of Zeiss 7x35 I believe. Unfortunately I sold them (something I still feel regret from)
I want to watch fast moving songbirds. up close.
I have a pair of canon 12x36 IS which are good for gulls and eagles but im missing out on so many song birds I can't any longer.
I am not able to afford $1500 optics again and to avoid being overwhelmed can anyone recommend
a budget friendly brand? like under $300.. if im living in a make believe world please be blunt. I am aware of my limitations and can take it like a (wo)man :D
Thanks!!
By oldisnew45
I don't know how to edit posts but I just realized my error
I had Leica 8x42
they were beyond perfect. I can feel them in my hands if I close my eyes.. the ease of focus..oh my lord.
so I need as close to perfect as 300 $ will buy :)
By zwest
I quite like my Vortex Diamondback 8x42… they’ve unfortunately gone up by $100 since I bought mine a few years ago, but it’s still close to your target price.

Cheers
By Hawkman1234
Yes Vortex or Nikon.Got a nice pair of Nikon Prostaff 10x 42 on Amazon recently $129.00.Very pleased.8x42 10 bucks cheaper.👍😊
By oldisnew45
Hawkman1234 wrote: Jun 07 2:34 pm Yes Vortex or Nikon.Got a nice pair of Nikon Prostaff 10x 42 on Amazon recently $129.00.Very pleased.8x42 10 bucks cheaper.👍😊
I bought the Nikon 8x42 for $119.00 at London Drugs.
I am so grateful for the recommendation . Being able to watch my little feathered neighbours helps me stay grounded and to spend a resonable amount is even better
Thank you
and thanks to Nikon for thinking of the little people
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]