This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By Slabs
I am extremely glad to report that the Bald Eagle pair at Quilchena golf course have successfully hatched at least one chick and it is growing apace! Got the following picture this evening (and please excuse the poor quality: as all of you from around here noticed this evening was rather grey and gloomy, so the lighting was very difficult):

I was actually very worried for the past week or so: the strong wind we had the week before last apparently snapped off the one big branch in front of the nest and I feared it might have injured or knocked out the young one (or two maybe??). The following picture from a couple of months ago shows what the branch (the big one supporting the nest on the right) looked like before: now you can just see the broken end where it used to be:

VERY glad at least one chick is OK and looking strong and healthy!

The annual Open House at OWL (Orphaned Wildlife Re[…]

In spite of the weather app indicating a cloudy ti[…]