This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
In the Old Days Canon had 3 digital sensor sizes, full size, APS-C and APS-H. I still have an "H" body. This sensor had a lens factor of 1.3, intermediate between the full size 1.0 and the "C" size, 1.6. It was used for its sports model.

Recently Canon displayed an APS-H sensor containing 250 Megapixels. Certainly would not require an anti-aliasing filter.

Currently Nikon has the BIG superzoom, the P900 with an 83X optical zoom. However, there is a rumour that Canon's next model, the SX70 will boast a 200X zoom - out to 4800mm equivalent.

Canon also just displayed a new 600mm F4.0 DO lens. Looks to be about half the length of the non-DO version. Such a lens might be hand-h0ldable. You can likely find images of it online.

Canon also displayed a new prototype DSLR with an APS-H sensor containing 120 MP. The RAW files from this sensor are 210 MB. The prototype only works at ISO 100 so far.

I'm sure Nikon and Sony are working along similar lines. Probably Samsung and Matsushita too. Luckily new memory technology is also about to be introduced, thus allowing the eager photographer to store large numbers of 210 MB RAW images. And right now USB3.1 offers twice the speed of USB3.0 for reading and writing to external devices like camera memory cards.

Ultra high-resolution lenses will also be required to enjoy such sensor technology. Canon's latest internal blue coating is a jump in this regard, minimizing chromatic aberration.

The nice bonus for the afternoon was as I was walk[…]