This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Hi all,

I just got back again after three weeks in Fort McMurray. I processed a handful of photos this evening and thought I'd share some. I don't have the best shots of Narwhal because I primarily used a work camera to document them. I was also observing them from a fair distance (from a camera standpoint), so the shots show a nice perspective but are not as crisp as I would like. I hope you enjoy the photos all the same.

Narwhal

Northern Collared Lemming

Thanks for looking,
Jeremy Gatten
Saanichton, BC
Seeing the Narwhales is magical, what a treat! And the Lemming, much rounder than I imagined, fattened up to help get through the winter I guess. Just looked them up and realized that they don't hibernate, but have to rely on food they have stored away to get through the winter. Neat to see these cute little guys as well.
Thanks for the responses - Narwhal was a bucket list animal that I wasn't sure I'd ever get to see! I am very fortunate to have had this opportunity through work and I desperately hope I'll be able to do the work again next year.

Unfortunately I don't have photos on my camera of Walrus or Bowhead Whale, but I was fortunate enough to see them, too. I also saw one Polar Bear at a distance and was able to watch it chase a group of Snow Geese unsuccessfully. What a place!

Thanks again,
Jeremy Gatten
Saanichton, BC
Jeremy Gatten wrote:Thanks for the responses - Narwhal was a bucket list animal that I wasn't sure I'd ever get to see! I am very fortunate to have had this opportunity through work and I desperately hope I'll be able to do the work again next year.

Unfortunately I don't have photos on my camera of Walrus or Bowhead Whale, but I was fortunate enough to see them, too. I also saw one Polar Bear at a distance and was able to watch it chase a group of Snow Geese unsuccessfully. What a place!

Thanks again,
Jeremy Gatten
Saanichton, BC

You are living the dream Jeremy! I'm really envious those are all on my bucket list as well especially the polar bear! That was a trip of a lifetime and I hope you do get to do it again!

Cheers.
Remarkable! I still think of narwhals as sort of mythical animals that somehow got stuck here in reality (maybe when the clock struck 12?). The marine equivalent of a Unicorn?

Must be incredible to see them in the flesh: thanks for sharing.

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]