Wow! Great work, everyone! I knew it was my turn to get out and contribute! So I spent the last two or three days out and about and came up with a good selection ... I realized I haven't updated the list in a while -- so I'm hoping for no duplicates! lol. My wife and I drove down south to do some birding in the OK Falls / Osoyoos area ... great birding down there!
Here's my selections to add:
1. Bobolink - Saw this at the Oxbows off Road 22 near Osoyoos. If you walk South down the west side of the canal from the Oxbows parking lot, you will see them in the field by the cattails.
2. American Goldfinch - I think we already have this on the list ... Saw him both at the house and Lake Vaseux.
3. Western Kingbird - They must have recently arrived. Saw them in Kelowna and at the Desert Museum in Osoyoos. (I think this is Male and Female)
4. Bullock's Oriole - Saw this guy in several places -- at Swiwi (Haynes Point) Provincial Park in Osoyoos and near the Desert Museum.
5. Wilson's Phalarope - Saw several of them swimming around in shallow water near Robert's Lake in Kelowna.
My images of the male and female together were fuzzy, Judy. Here's a couple of females ...
6. Vesper Sparrow - Zach, you'll have to confirm this for me ... pretty sure it is a Vesper Sparrow. Saw it near White Lake Basin, OK Falls.
7. Northern Rough-winged Swallow - Saw this in a few places -- not a great photo, so if someone has a better shot!
8. Yellow Warbler - Saw these at Lake Vaseux and at Swiwi Provincial park.
9. Chipping Sparrow - Saw these at White Lake Basin ... again, photo is fuzzy -- so a better picture from someone?!
10. Hairy Woodpecker - Saw this guy at Swiwi Provincial Park ... thought at first it was a Downy -- but after looking at the video, I pronounced it Hairy. haha. Anyone want to confirm? I'm uploading the video ... can check it there too.
Happy Birding (and/or Birdwatching), Everyone!