This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
As a fan of Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven I love the mood of your black and white Raven Kameko; then the opposite mood in your sweet little Hummer Becke. Next is the rough grey sea studded with the strong blocks of color of the Harlequins, very striking Mellissa. I went the opposite way, starting with a dark colorless photo working to bring out the color and emphasis the beauty of this Mallard. Image
By revs
great work everyone, eye-popping shots :)

Greater White-fronted Goose, Ambleside, friday afternoon.

Planning to start taking more close crop portrait shots, i don't do enough of it.
birdergirl wrote:Lovely shots guys! Great close ups!
They make it very easy to get close because they are so used to humans and their offerings. It would be an ideal place to take kids and introduce them to birds because of it. Kind of like catching your first fish.
Yep I couldn't agree with you more Guy! I was introduced to birds as a child in this manner. I think it's very important to teach and learn about respecting animals this way.

Went down to Vashon, WA to search for the Northerm Wheatear did not find him but found this beautiful pale eyed Mew Gull instead.

Mew Gull - Vashon Island, WA by bcbirdergirl, on Flickr

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]