This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By Slabs
OK, sort of artistic in a Three Stooges way I suppose...

Saw a Hawk in the tree right by the Heritage Air Park at Boundary Bay yesterday. As I was looking at it, it decided to fly off: not the greatest of pictures but I got some rather unusual postures, especially on take-off. In sequence:

"OK, I think I will head off to the LEFT."

Aaand, rock back on one leg and.... CROUCH!

And streeetch...

And fly!

MOST unflattering shot in the extended position for what I typically find a most sleek, elegant bird: sort of like a plucked chicken look I thought. Oh well, even movie stars get caught without makeup on occasion I suppose.
Oh my, that will teach me to pay attention! Typical casual/rookie birder silly mistake in not doing proper identification.

And I must confess: this is typical of me as I am way casual about identification. I just enjoy getting out and looking.
just keep posting your pictures slabs. do we ever know them all? just looking at this page there's a bird from South Africa, one from Alaska and your Merlin! all great shots.
the photo of the day on the weather network is of a misty morning fall scene which looks like a painting, very much like your Oystercatcher does Liron. the comment under it says "the best photos are those that look like paintings & the best paintings are those that look like photos."
so here's a challenge to get more birds in fall scenes, maybe some misty mornings.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/photos ... g/20453580
ogopogo wrote: so here's a challenge to get more birds in fall scenes, maybe some misty mornings.
One of my favorite pictures that I've shot because it has an Alfred Hitchcock " The Birds " feeling about it, at least to me. I have it framed and look at it often.

That brownish thing between it's feet is what's left of a Hazelnut that he dropped on the road to break open. Smart creatures them crows.

Red reflection of fall foliage..........

Low clouds blocking out a mountain....

Slabs wrote:Oh my, that will teach me to pay attention! Typical casual/rookie birder silly mistake in not doing proper identification.

And I must confess: this is typical of me as I am way casual about identification. I just enjoy getting out and looking.
Kinda sounds like we're in the same boat. Fear not Slabs cuz the birds will never find out.
Love that shot of the kingfisher Paul! I tried to find it on your flickr account, but must've missed it.

That trumpeter swan photo is fantastic Guy!

I was at Reifel yesterday also, with the wrong lens given the situation. I made do with it though and came out with these

I hope that this little one gets left alone soon. He was very out in the open and being disturbed by a huge swarm of photographers. As we were leaving, I was feeding the chickadee's and we noticed 2 teenage girls jumping up and down with sticks. Turns out, they were poking and harassing the saw-whet. My partner ran after them and had a word with them, reported them to the women who work there.

Last edited by Kameko on Oct 05 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kameko wrote:
That snow goose photo is fantastic Guy!
Psst...... Trumpeter Swan. :wink:

It's sad when kids do stuff like that but what's even worse is what the parents don't do to stop it.

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]