This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
By ogopogo
One of the most enjoyable parts of birding is meeting the diverse spectrum of birders in the field. Of note: so much knowledge, often with a propensity for sharing stories or sightings (especially if met in person). The effusive, infectious enthusiasm of this group of passionate observers, researchers, and photographers is quite amazing.
So, WHO ARE WE? Let's introduce ourselves. The only rule is you can only post a picture of you (and give credit to the photographer, unless they want anonymity). You can give as little or as much information about yourself as you feel comfortable doing ie user name only/first name/last name, location, birding since____, and something about the photo.
I'll start. I'm ogopogo/Cheryl/Victoria/birding since 2009/photo taken in the South-East Woods (SEW) of Beacon Hill Park by my owl loving friend Jim Chapman of Barred Owlet 'Missy-Mr' landing at my feet checking me out. This owlet is now the father of 3 batches of Barred owlets born in the park. I use Canon PowerShot Point & Shoot cameras, easy to carry when walking every day in nature 4-6 hours. See you out there!

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]