This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.

How many species of Bird did I see in a week and half in Vancouver, Victoria, and Fort St. John?

No votes
0%
25%
No votes
0%
25%
25%
13%
13%
Hello everybody!

I'm very sorry for not posting on this site for a while. Don't worry, I'm okay! My computer has been broken lately and I've been locked out of this website for some reason.

School has also been crazy, so I haven't been birding much. I have been birding, but just not as much as I usually do. Stretching back to late August-early September, I did a huge trip to Vancouver, drove to the Peace River region, and back in a week and a half. We saw *** species; see if you can guess how many - I'll put a poll in the description ( PEOPLE WHO KNOW, please don't vote ;) ), and saw 6 lifers.

October has been a great birding month for me, albeit in limited time, and my "Rare Birds per Hour" count has been quite surprisingly good. I will update you all on that when I get some time.

I've also been locked out of Flickr and not been able to post-process my pictures because of my computer, so please bear with me in terms of volume of photos. :lol:

On a lighter note, I was fortunate enough to be on National television, which was kind of cool, and got selected to a attend a wilderness camp in Glacier National Park, so a few interesting things going on in between!

I hope you're all having a fantastic week and take care! :D :D :D

Logan - hopefully still on the forums? ... :mrgreen:
hey Logan, welcome back! yes, you were missed (and a dozen or so other regulars). looking forward to seeing photos of what you have been experiencing and congrats on the Nat TV & wilderness camp. did you get a new computer or some upgrades? my old one won't pick up upgraded systems so there's only one solution, a new one. have fun catching up with the volume you have seen.
Albino sparrow??

Hi all. Please help me identify this small light g[…]

Jewill- looks good for the Western Flycatcher - t[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]