This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By nealdoan
Even with all the not so nice weather we have had the first few weeks of the year, I have still managed to get out a bit and get a few shots here and there. I have never really kept track of numbers of birds I have seen, but have decided to do a personal challenge and try and see 100 species in the first 100 days of 2018 without travelling far afield. So far am up to 60, but now it will be a bit harder as I have mostly exhausted the common ones and a lot of the migrants won't be coming through until later, but got to have something to challenge oneself. Here are a couple photos from the first 3 weeks of 2018:

Great Blue Heron portrait at Blackie Spit:
ImageHeron Portrait by Neal, on Flickr

Red-breasted Nuthatch at Campbell Valley Park:
ImageRed-breasted Nuthatch by Neal, on Flickr

Spotted Towhee, also at Campbell Valley Park:
ImageSpotted Towhee by Neal, on Flickr

American Dipper at MacKay Creek:
ImageAmerican Dipper by Neal, on Flickr

Purple Finch at the GBH Nature Reserve:
ImagePurple Finch by Neal, on Flickr

Rough-legged Hawk on Sumas Prairie:
ImageRough-legged Hawk by Neal, on Flickr

Red-winged Blackbird at Mill Lake:
ImageRed-winged Blackbird by Neal, on Flickr

And a female Harlequin Duck at Crescent Beach:
ImageFemale Harlequin Duck by Neal, on Flickr

Cheers all!
By revs
You have done better than me so far this year.
My 2018 Flickr folder has two lousy shots of a Barrow's Goldeneye and that's it so far.
Getting back into the swing of work things and the weather have played a small part in that.
Keep posting these inspirational pics, getting more motivated now :)
By ogopogo
nice selection so far. love the Rough-legged Hawks. Sumas Prairie always offers something exciting. thanks for including the locations, several I've never heard of before. Abbotsford has a lot to offer for someone making the trip ie Mill Lake with its rainbow trout and nature walking trails. Enjoy your outings and keep us posted!
By jewill
Love the Great Blue Heron, one of the most common birds around but I find them fascinating and very willing to pose for pictures.
I must get out to Mill Lake again; last time was a couple of years ago for the Ruddy Ducks.
Thanks for posting your, as always, beautiful pictures Neal.
By nealdoan
revs wrote:You have done better than me so far this year.
My 2018 Flickr folder has two lousy shots of a Barrow's Goldeneye and that's it so far.
Getting back into the swing of work things and the weather have played a small part in that.
Keep posting these inspirational pics, getting more motivated now :)
Thanks so much Paul. Cheers.
By nealdoan
jewill wrote:Love the Great Blue Heron, one of the most common birds around but I find them fascinating and very willing to pose for pictures.
I must get out to Mill Lake again; last time was a couple of years ago for the Ruddy Ducks.
Thanks for posting your, as always, beautiful pictures Neal.
Thanks you so much. You will be surprised when you come back to Mill Lake as the ice storm really did some damage. Hopefully Spring will make it a bit better. Cheers.
By nealdoan
ogopogo wrote:nice selection so far. love the Rough-legged Hawks. Sumas Prairie always offers something exciting. thanks for including the locations, several I've never heard of before. Abbotsford has a lot to offer for someone making the trip ie Mill Lake with its rainbow trout and nature walking trails. Enjoy your outings and keep us posted!
Thank you so much.
By jewill
nealdoan wrote:You will be surprised when you come back to Mill Lake as the ice storm really did some damage. Hopefully Spring will make it a bit better. Cheers.
:( I hope it’s not too bad.
It’s a lovely park and an easy walk for old people like me :P.
By nealdoan
jewill wrote:
nealdoan wrote:You will be surprised when you come back to Mill Lake as the ice storm really did some damage. Hopefully Spring will make it a bit better. Cheers.
:( I hope it’s not too bad.
It’s a lovely park and an easy walk for old people like me :P.
Yes, I do hope it recovers, but it will be a bit different from the downed trees and branches.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]