This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
mikewiz wrote:I guess I'm paying the price for being an irregular contributor here ... namely I can't remember how to submit my shots. ... perhaps one of the perils of old age ! Any help would be welcome
Probably the easiest way is to upload them to a free image hosting site like http://postimages.org

where no account/login stuff is required.

The downside is that site compresses your images and you might notice a difference in quality. Also, without creating an account you won't be able to delete the images if you change your mind.

Creating an account at a site like imgur.com is a bit more work but the quality should be better.

Avoid Photobucket like the plague. :lol:

Whichever you choose, just copy the links to each image and paste each one in your post here inside the "Img" tag (see button above to create these tags when you are replying).

Hope that helps!
started to photograph the birds just about less than a year, it has been an interesting, exciting, and rewarding experience and bringing me great joy. These 3 photos were shot in my front yard during the cherry blossom season of 2017.

Well, they always say, "better late than never".. at least I think someone says that? Just catching up after Christmas and there are some amazing photos on this thread as usual and I although mine will pale in comparison to some of them, thought I would add my three:

First a eagle shot that I took at the end of the day when the light in the background was pretty golden (taken at Nicomen Slough, Mission, B.C.):

ImageEnd of Day Eagle by Neal, on Flickr

The second one is a Red-winged Blackbird enjoying its dinner (taken at Willband Creek Park, Abbotsford, B.C.):

ImageDragonfly for Dinner by Neal, on Flickr

And the third one is of a Pileated Woodpecker that I really like how the background enhances the shot. (taken at Kwomias Point Park, Surrey, B.C.):

ImagePileated Woodpecker by Neal, on Flickr

Cheers all and Happy New Year everyone. May you all get a few lifers in 2018!!
These may not be my VERY best pictures of 2017, but these are definitely three of my favourites!

ImageHudsonian Godwit ~ Boundary Bay Delta by Logan Lalonde - I'm Back!, on Flickr
Hudsonian Godwit - Boundary Bay - Ladner

ImageRufous Hummingbird by Logan Lalonde - I'm Back!, on Flickr
Rufous Hummingbird - West Bench - Penticton

ImageRing-billed Gull by Logan Lalonde - I'm Back!, on Flickr
Ring-billed Gull - Garry Point Park - Richmond
I had some things weighing on me this year and bird photography was a comfort. I can't say for sure why I picked these three photos but they did cheer me up.

Pigeon Guillemots

Violet-green Swallow

Belted Kingfisher

Vince Knight
Better late than never.

Lee Sollenberger wanted to contribute 3 shots of his from late last year and here they are :)

Lee, feel free to tell us about your encounter.

Thanks again to all that participated this year :)
revs wrote:Better late than never.

Lee Sollenberger wanted to contribute 3 shots of his from late last year and here they are :)

Lee, feel free to tell us about your encounter.

Thanks again to all that participated this year :)
I live in rural McLeese Lake and during the Cariboo Christmas bird count,this little guy showed up and started hunting song bird's at the feeder's.He caught a Brown Creeper,that was on the ground under a suet feeder and flew to a branch to feed.I see a lot of NP owl's around the area and this one has been here for quite awhile..He's cute but deadly..

Lee
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]