This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.

Any Interest in doing the Top 3 Shots Threads This Year?

Yes, I'm interested and will contribute.
58%
Yeh, i'll have a look but i'm not posting.
33%
Of course! its a yearly tradition.
8%
No, i'm done with this forum and wish it would go away.
No votes
0%
Nah, i don't want to offend anybody important by posting here.
No votes
0%
Nope, my shots are too good to post here anymore.
No votes
0%
I am judging interest in doing the annual Top 3 Shots threads again this year.
In years past its been a lot of fun seeing what everyone considers their best shots in both the BC Birds and Outside of BC Birds threads.
We usually get a great response from many who don't post regularly and those that support the forum year-round.
This year however, i'm not sure what to expect.
New posts are at a trickle and some members have jumped ship for various reasons, that's fine i guess (i left for a number of months myself, hoping my absence would heal the wounds caused by a disagreement about moderating this forum - and yes, that's all it was about, just to set the record straight) but i feel bad for the new members asking ID questions now that get many looks but few answers, why?

If you posted here on a regular basis in the past year and suddenly stopped posting here, i am asking that you reconsider, maybe these Top 3 threads can be your re-immersion into this birding community that refuses to die :lol:

I would love to see posts again by all the birdergirls and birderguys and wish we could all be united in our love of birds and just get along, life's too short to hold grudges i've found.
Happy Friday everyone :)
Paul, we always look forward to your annual Best of threads, so just start them and see where it goes. This is one of the few boards where we get to see some fantastic photography and actually comment on the great shots. I can guarantee there will be at least 500 people looking! Thanks for your contribution.
Absolutely Paul! I look forward to this thread every year & will definitely contribute to it.
I haven't been posting here in some time for a number of reasons, #1 being lack of time. I've barely gone out birding since the spring due to the need to fly back & forth to Winnipeg to deal with my very elderly ailing parents who are not making things easy for themselves or my sister & I. As well I recently lost a very dear friend to an extremely rapid spreading cancer that put me in a bit of a tailspin. And this year I've been working more than usual which is a good thing, to help pay for all of the flights I've been taking.

Hopefully 2018 will be a better birding year for me (and just a better year all 'round). It should be off to a good start with a trip I've to Africa that I've been wanting to do all my life! :D
I agree! Thanks Paul for bringing this up. I'm not a frequent poster - I tend to stick to Fraser Valley Birding, but always look forward to this segment. I'm not much of a photographer but will definitely contribute. I didn't do as much local birding this year due to the birth of our second daughter in September but my trip to Nome in June produced a few good photos :)
featherweight wrote:Absolutely Paul! I look forward to this thread every year & will definitely contribute to it.
I haven't been posting here in some time for a number of reasons, #1 being lack of time. I've barely gone out birding since the spring due to the need to fly back & forth to Winnipeg to deal with my very elderly ailing parents who are not making things easy for themselves or my sister & I. As well I recently lost a very dear friend to an extremely rapid spreading cancer that put me in a bit of a tailspin. And this year I've been working more than usual which is a good thing, to help pay for all of the flights I've been taking.

Hopefully 2018 will be a better birding year for me (and just a better year all 'round). It should be off to a good start with a trip I've to Africa that I've been wanting to do all my life! :D
Deb, i hope things get better for you, sounds like you have had a tough time.
I hope your eye is better at least! hope to meet up in the field again one day :)
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]