This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By revs
Spent an early morning on the weekend trying to get some flight shots of the barn owls as they hunted in an open field in Delta and while it was cold and grey out i did get a few shots to take home.
It's good because before that i had exactly one posted shot of a Barn, taken almost 10 years ago, i was overdue. :)

High ISO shooting was the norm, i decided to shoot with the 500mm f4 and a 1.4x teleconverter since the birds didn't come as close to the dike as i would have liked.

On the way back to the car i flushed a Wilson's snipe in the ditch and watched it land back in the ditch not far away. Was able to get a couple of shots before it hid and i left it be.

Thanks for looking :)
PS, i heard there were other birds of interest out there too, i did not bother though as it was a speck of white far away from the dike.
You won't hear about that one in the reports though :lol:
Now if i could find that pygmy owl reported on the north shore... that would be cool :wink:
By zwest
Great shots! That particular place becomes Owlapolooza every day before sunset, with a couple of barn always coming out and loads of short-eared.

I flushed a snipe recently at Brunswick Point but it was long gone by the time I'd raised my camera. Tough ones...
By ogopogo
beautiful shots of the Barn Owl Paul. hope you get more specks to chase.
asked 5 Vic birders at the Blue Jay if they had seen your shots from Ecuador and they all had and were duly amazed. thanks for sharing!
By Apy
Beautiful Owl shots!! I was through in Delta for the first time this year. Hope to get back for the winter! Love the Snipe too.

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]