This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
BG that sure is a great shot may be the best yet I have seen of the surfbird because it is a different perspective one doesn't usually see. You brought out the color and detail of the rocks and the bird which is not easy to do. Very sharp tack sharp dare I say!

BG you sure get around but I am glad you do. You bring a lot to this board with your enthusiasm and youthful vigour. I get to see places and birds I would never see on my own through you.

Thanks kiddo.

Mark
This photo was taken in the mist early on a summer morning. I like the appearance elf the loon floating in a sea of grey. This is a colour photo.

Here's a recent shot taken after sunset at Whiffin Spit in Sooke of a group of Black Oystercatchers during a recent trip to the Island with Mel, Paul and Paul's wife Audi.

Shots of birds in flight at low shutter speeds are though because you have to be panning at the exact same speed as the bird to get the bird sharp, so when you get a good one it is very rewarding!

Also, here is a shot I recently processed from December 2013 of a couple 'Apapane, a Hawaiian endemic, that I think is artistic:

Here is an image I processed today from December 2012 near Nuevo Vallarta in Mexico. It is very neat when you look out your window fro your hotel room to see a Turkey Vulture fly past, often very close and below you. In some areas of Mexico like the area I was in this happens all the time!

Thanks for looking! :)
Love the cool shots on this thread. Keep them coming! I would like to make my own contribution with a wider shot of a Surf Scoter flock at Ambleside. Really liked how the layering in this shot created depth. Let me know what you think!

ImageSurf Scoters by alice1012, on Flickr
you are an artist I can see it through your shots.

the jay looks so cold and handsome and the hawk with the colours and blurs is really artistic.

love them both BG

Mark
By revs
A lot of people consider shots that contain blur "artistic" and so do i, but i also consider shots like this artistic as well, these moments don't happen all the time, where the lighting, detail and pose come together so nicely :)

:D Kameko, your thread has produced such a variety of enormously entertaining and even thought-provoking art. Can't say my shots below fit either of these categories, but I think they do fit some the criteria listed by Ogopogo and revised by me way back on April 4 and 5, 2014:
Thanks to ogopogo for suggesting some criteria:
Quote:
1-black & white, to which I'll add changing the colour
2-mystery or wonder:
3-the element of surprise:
4-irony, thought provoking, spiritual: to which I'll add shifting the focus. I'd also move spiritual to criterion 2.
5-juxtaposition:
Later I added humour, especially in a series where one "illustration" is related to another.

I'll let you figure out which criteria apply to the "art" below:
The first shot doesn't feature a bird, but it was birds (specifically AMGOs) that led to the shot,
as you will find in another post from Kelowna today:
Autumn Sycamore

Blowin' in the wind

Herons, bush, & sky

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]