This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By jewill
Brydon Lagoon in Langley is a fairly reliable place to see Green Herons. There are at least 2 of them there now (probably more) and while they can be hard to spot, if you wait long enough you will eventually be rewarded with some good photo ops. I've found that they are usually hanging out at the west end of the lagoon and sometimes into the north-west corner.

ImageGreen Heron by Jewill on Flickr
By jewill
Thanks Zach. I’ve heard that there may be as many as 4 in the area; if not at the lagoon itself then possibly in the creek to the south-west. These reports are from people that I happen to meet while there so I don’t know how reliable they are. I can however vouch for at least 2 because I saw them together myself.
By stumblingpiper
jewill wrote: May 21 10:57 am Thanks Zach. I’ve heard that there may be as many as 4 in the area; if not at the lagoon itself then possibly in the creek to the south-west. These reports are from people that I happen to meet while there so I don’t know how reliable they are. I can however vouch for at least 2 because I saw them together myself.
Those green heron like to lurk ... they'll be poking around just on the fringes of stuff and, if you blink, you'll miss them -- plus they blend in so well ... kind of like your American Bitterns, Zach. haha.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]