Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
zwest wrote: Apr 06 4:00 pm Nice James! I have yet to get a decent picture of the pheasants - they always run away from me.

It might be helpful to list all the posted birds in the first post. Of course that would be you having to do the work :lol:
I thought about that ... I agree. I'll try to figure out how to edit that one and add them in. haha.
Any idea how I edit the first one? It won't let me change it now ...
Last edited by stumblingpiper on Apr 06 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those are great. Love your photography work. I'm shooting a Nikon P900 ... really like it because it is easy but not a lot of controls on it (probably doesn't matter because I'm not a professional photographer ... haha). Here are a few more from today to help get our totals up!! Found a really nice pond full of ducks ...

Mallard.
Gadwall.
Coot.
Bufflehead.
Barrow's Goldeneye.
Ring-necked Ducks.
stumblingpiper wrote: Apr 06 4:19 pm
zwest wrote: Apr 06 4:00 pm Nice James! I have yet to get a decent picture of the pheasants - they always run away from me.

It might be helpful to list all the posted birds in the first post. Of course that would be you having to do the work :lol:
I thought about that ... I agree. I'll try to figure out how to edit that one and add them in. haha.
You should be able to edit it via the gear icon on the top right of the post.
zwest wrote: Apr 06 5:35 pm
stumblingpiper wrote: Apr 06 4:19 pm

You should be able to edit it via the gear icon on the top right of the post.
That what I thought too, but the only thing it will allow me to do with that post now is "Report it." lol
I guess an alternative to editing the first post is for someone to just re-post a list from time to time (at least so it appears on every page and users don't have to go through previous pages).

Here is the current list:

American Bittern
American Coot
American Robin
Barrow’s Goldeneye
Brant
Bufflehead
California Quail
Common Raven
European Starling
Gadwall
Hairy Woodpecker
Hermit Thrush
Mallard
Mountain Chickadee
Northern Goshawk
Northern Hawk Owl
Northern Shoveler
Peregrine Falcon
Pigeon Guillemot
Pileated Woodpecker
Pygmy Nuthatch
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Ring-necked Pheasant
Short-eared Owl
Snow Goose
Spotted Towhee
Townsend’s Solitaire
Virginia Rail
Whimbrel
Willet
Wood Duck
Yellow-rumped Warbler

Total: 33

P.S. I used this online utility to sort the list: https://www.online-utility.org/text/sort.jsp
Had a good outing yesterday down near Okanagan Falls and around the White Lake area.
Here are 4 accipiters I was able to identify (3 yesterday) ... (plus one from my house)

Bald Eagle

Rough-legged Hawk

Red-tailed Hawk.

Cooper's Hawk. This was a long shot from the house.
I'm having great luck at my feeders ... I think with my native plants plus feeders I'm up around 23+ species in the last 6 weeks ... Here are a couple more from around the house. Kelowna near Knox Mountain.

American Goldfinch.

Mourning Dove.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

Very nice capture of the Pheobe. I went out looki[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]