This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By SurlyBirdr
Back to work project.
Had the last two weeks off and while i tried, didn't see any of you out in the field. Oh well.
Thailand and Vietnam birds will have to wait until December but this June break was the first in many years where i was not involved in some home renovation project and was free to shoot around town as much as i wanted.
Didn't make it out to the republic of Richmond but did check out Coquitlam and Pitt Meadows a few times.

I'll get the Osprey out of the way first, spend 15 minutes over two visits watching the birds on nest but could not get excited, too many other photogs have already documented the proceedings in Pitt Meadows and i felt that standing around waiting for one of the birds to swoop in was counter-productive, i only visit Pitt Meadows once or twice a year and there are species i need to get while there.

Eastern KIngbird - Pitt Meadows

Grey Catbird - Pitt Meadows

Yellow Warbler - Pitt Meadows

Lazuli Bunting - Coquitlam

Cedar Waxwing - Coquitlam

Cedar Waxwing - North Vancouver

Swainson's Thrush - North Vancouver
sorry i didn't get them deep in bush/tree and obscured, got plenty of those types of shots over the years but i thought these were nicer.

Western Tanager - North Vancouver

Pileated Woodpecker - North Vancouver

Bullock's Oriole - Pitt Meadows

Western Tanager - North Vancouver

and finally

Violet-green Swallow - North Vancouver

Thanks for Looking! gotta work.
By zwest
Very nice!

I felt the same way about the osprey - I hate being part of a flaparazzi so I just took a couple quick shots and drove right back to the catbird place where there wasn’t another human for miles. Quite a beautiful spot right after a rain...
So many catbirds this year, one of my target birds was American Redstart but i didn't get it in my usual spot and tried twice.
At one point i attempted to walk the "nature trail" at Grant Narrows and made it in about 100ft before i realized what a gong show it all was. That trail used to be really good and i could rely on getting orioles etc. on there, walking out to the tower with 500mm f4 and tripod on shoulders was a yearly event for me, now, since new management took over operating Grant Narrows its gone downhill (to put it nicely), can someone please tell the operators that there is more involved than just renting out canoes? LOL
Great photos of some beautiful birds. It seems I might have to take a bus trip to the Fraser Valley to see these species. My son and his wife live in Chilliwack and invited me any time I want to stay with them.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]