This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By revs
Nice to see Adam's shots (and Mel's) of these guys, here are a few of my own.
I walked down to the Quay of Friday afternoon after work since i just live up the hill, the light was not great but it was alright in the early afternoon and i grabbed as many shots as i could. Rob Alexander was in the area as well but seemed more excited by the Western grebes further out in the water.
From pics i have seen its not just me who finds those white patches hard to expose properly, they usually blow out and mine are no different, better light would have helped, and you get that later in the day but its all about timing, this was the time i had and made do with what i had.
Trying to get a low angle on the dock can be difficult as well so sometimes the shots where the birds are not as close are better than when they are in close as far as viewing angle.
Anyways, here are a few shots.

bonus birds were an abundance of Spotted Towhee's at Maplewood Sunday morning

By revs
Owlet wrote:Beautiful! You nailed the low POV shots.
i don't know if the dock was bobbing up and down when you were there Adam but it almost felt like a mild pelagic with the up and down motion at times :lol: (i suppose it happens when the seabus comes in or leaves).
By revs
Oehoe wrote:Found em. I gotta catch them on a brighter day.
Great :)
sorry i'm not always available to assist since my boss would probably frown if he saw i was on the net when i should be working :lol:

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]