This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Had the chance to hit Boundary Bay this morning for a couple hours. Northern Harriers, one Bald Eagle, probable Greater Yellow-legs (somebody there provided the ident- I can never ident them correct), Blue Herons, Northern Flicker, possibly a Yellow-throated Vireo, and a Barn Owl. I was walking past the trees along the dyke between the 72nd street entrance and the hydro 'thing' and it was spooked and flew. I did not know it was there until it took off and of course - my camera on my chest in the cotton carrier. Oh well, some shots for documentation. Now some pics...

A Yellow-throated Vireo?

Greater Yellow-legs?

Northern Flicker

Northern Harrier- Juvie or male?

It went into 'hiding' after it landed with it's dinner

Female NH?

Juvinile or Male again?

Getting mooned by the female...

Immature Red Tailed Hawk ?? ... Couple k's away on way home

and the Barn Owl (I think so anyway). From a distance but I was still happy to see...
Very nice set of photos. I particularly liked you photos of the Northern Harriers.
It seems it is now time to migrate more often to Boundary Bay. I was there yesterday morning looking for the reported Palm Warbler (no luck) but there was quite a few other birds around. The one thing I had forgotten, when the wind comes off the water at this time of year it is cold! Time to dig out the gloves.
Thanks Fancy + Nick. Not sure why I put question marks next to the Harriers in my post. For once I am confident with more idents... Juvineles and adult males I think are similar colors etc for the Hariers though -- Therefore the reason for a question mark there... My bird knowledge is getting better... long way to go compared to others on these forums. Nice to see how passionate some people here are about birding- some not even old enough for a drivers' license to boot! Good for them- I was mostly concerned about a different kind of 'bird' ha.
Everett what a great day you had at Boundary Bay! I love seeing Barn owls saw one yesterday as well.

I really love your harrier shots especially the one of the gray ghost! Thank you for sharing your great time and photos!

There was something I noticed when I was there last... the bridge to the area where owl baiters would stand has been taken out and by the parking at 72nd a new chain fence gate has been put up saying authorized people only no trespassing. I hope this will keep the owls safe and undisturbed during the upcoming owl season.

Cheers
Melissa

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]