Greater Vancouver, Lower Fraser Valley, Chilliwack, Hope, Lytton, Whistler, Squamish, Powell River, Howe Sound
Earlier in December i saw the juvenile Northern Goshawk a number of times at Maplewood Flats in North Vancouver.
Many times it was spotted along the central access road/path by the pond, numerous birders got to see it but i have not seen any shots of it posted here.

First time i saw it was Dec 15th but it may very well still be in the area.
Check ebird for sightings.

it was very foggy and late afternoon when i spotted the bird the first time, watched it fly low through the trees until it landed near the bridge.

got it early one morning as well in better light, super nice to run into old birding acquaintances Tak (+ his wife) and Raymond on separate occasions, good to share nice looks at this powerful bird, disliked by crows.
PS, Roger F. hope you got that certain bird you were looking for a number of times, good chatting with you as well, always respect birders who have been at it almost as long as i have been alive :)
JoeNorthVan wrote:I hope you don't mind, Paul - I've been using the third Goshawk photo as the wallpaper on my home computer.

Great photos!
No worries Joe, i am pretty sure i have come across you at Maplewood before, you seem like a cool guy :)
Beautiful shots!

Last week was raptor day at Maplewood. Northern Goshawk in a tree. Peregrine Falcon buzzed it. Red-tailedHawk chased after the falcon, and they circled and chased for a minute. Bald Eagle buzzed the Goshawk.

Also had a Cooper's Hawk and Nothern Pygmy-Owl. Even had a Bobcat on more than one occasion.

The Goshawk has been feeding on ducks...

Robert wrote:Beautiful shots!

Last week was raptor day at Maplewood. Northern Goshawk in a tree. Peregrine Falcon buzzed it. Red-tailedHawk chased after the falcon, and they circled and chased for a minute. Bald Eagle buzzed the Goshawk.

Also had a Cooper's Hawk and Nothern Pygmy-Owl. Even had a Bobcat on more than one occasion.

The Goshawk has been feeding on ducks...

Still waiting to see a peregrine at Maplewood, would love to see the bobcat as well, i guess i need to get out there more often than i do these days.
Thanks for sharing Robert!
Bausch & Lomb spotting scope

For sale a Bausch & Lomb spotting scope 15x45x[…]

Flickr Changes

I recall when a couple of cloud services went defu[…]

Here is a link to the CBC page: https://www.cbc.c[…]

That is what I posted at first, but looking hard a[…]