Greater Vancouver, Lower Fraser Valley, Chilliwack, Hope, Lytton, Whistler, Squamish, Powell River, Howe Sound
By Fancy
markj wrote:Nice shot Fancy and find! Where exactly did you find it?

Mark
Not where they've nested previously! It was on the pond NE of the end of Celtic Street. There weren't any golfers on the side of pond that I was on, so I decided to see if there were any ducks of interest around. Just some families of Mallards, and there was a kingfisher calling. I walked towards the kingfisher, and suddenly the heron leapt up, making a racket. It landed at the top of tree, and started making its way towards the back of the tree/bush area, but I couldn't follow it because the golfers were headed around to where I was. If there weren't any golfers, I would have checked the area more thoroughly, for more herons or possibly even a nest.
By qubrown
Hi
The Green Heron at Hastings Park was active this morning, July 14, flying to several locations across from the fishing lookout and successfully catching prey. Above, the numerous violet-green swallows were joined by two purple martin, single Vaux's swift and single black swift.
Cheers
Quentin Brown
NVan

[img][img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/351/1951 ... cbf9_z.jpg[/img]Green Heron by Quentin Brown, on Flickr[/img]
qubrown wrote:Hi
The Green Heron at Hastings Park was active this morning, July 14, flying to several locations across from the fishing lookout and successfully catching prey. Above, the numerous violet-green swallows were joined by two purple martin, single Vaux's swift and single black swift.
Cheers
Quentin Brown
NVan

[img][img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/351/1951 ... cbf9_z.jpg[/img]Green Heron by Quentin Brown, on Flickr[/img]
Great to see you on the site, Quentin! A warm welcome to you on behalf of all of us here! :P

Logan Lalonde
Falcon ID (Burnaby)

Awesome, thanks :)

What i did on my Holidays

Great photos of some beautiful birds. It seems I m[…]

I've photographed Tufted Puffins several times at […]

Boundary Bay

A few days ago I took a walk out onto the mudflats[…]