Greater Vancouver, Lower Fraser Valley, Chilliwack, Hope, Lytton, Whistler, Squamish, Powell River, Howe Sound
By birdeyes
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on the usual hideout place of this heron. The pond was pretty frozen the last time I went and saw just gulls and lots of black birds and a few mallards. I saw another photographer searching among the outside pond.marsh area.
Any help will be much appreciated.
By birdergirl
You just need to walk around and keep your eyes out. They can hide very well keep searching, they are elusive but he is there, he's being reported from all areas of the lagoon. Sometimes perched up in a tree and sometimes down on the ground and sometimes in flight high up flying away from the lagoon to only he knows where. They are never easy to find at the best of times.

Cheers,
Mel
By jewill
Hi Mario...the last time I saw him he was hanging out around that culvert on the far side of the lagoon. Sorry, I'm not good at directions, but it's opposite the main entrance to the lagoon and he was down close to the shore. It was very icy so be careful. Now that was last week, so as Mel says, he could be just about anywhere around there now.
Good luck!

SOLD!

Sandhill Crane & colt

Thanks!!!! Love the little one!!

Serendipity

Congratulations!!! What neat shots!!! Love the gr[…]

Owls From Last Night

Wonderful series Keith, love the 4th shot showing […]