Greater Vancouver, Lower Fraser Valley, Chilliwack, Hope, Lytton, Whistler, Squamish, Powell River, Howe Sound
Joshua Brown had a Solitaire 50m near the Seasons restaurant and he got a Chipping Sparrow at 35th and Kersland. He also had an Olive-sided flycatcher at the Bloedel Conservatory plaza.

Here is a super cool close up photo he got of the Solitaire:

*Photo used with permission*

Cheers,
Mel
Peter Candido had an Olive-sided Flycatcher (on a cedar tree on the slope east of seasons restaurant), Black-headed Grosbeaks, Western Tanagers, Hammond's Flycatchers, Red Crossbills and Cassin's and Warbling Vireos.

Great time to be in the park as migration is in full swing.

Cheers,
Mel
A Band-tailed pigeon briefly dropped on a tree(kicked off by a crow), on Saturday morning.
And watched a beautiful male Western tanager upclose. I had the leisure to record his voice using my phone. :D
And a small group of Townsend's warblers.
Yeah heard Warbling vireo.
This morning, saw Western tanager(saw bright, red-faced male, but some are really dull), Black-headed grosbeak, Townsend's warbler. Quite some Warbling vireos, Wilson's warblers. Heard Pacific-slope flycatcher.

Don't feel good: when I arrived I heard a birder pishing, on my left, then another pishing on my right. Challenge yourself, if you think you're an advance birder, use your head, eyes&ears to find birds.
Don't pish at QE in May pls-a small city park, so many birdwatchers are around and coming.
QE had some decent migrant activity late this afternoon, at around 4pm. The bushes and trees just East of Seasons had quite a few Wilson's and Yellow-rumped Warblers hopping around.
A Western Wood-Pewee, Warbling Vireos, Olive-sided Flycatcher, empid sp., and Western Tanager were also highlights.
A Band-tailed Pigeon was sitting in a tree along the road to Seasons, and I also had a flyover Red Crossbill near the duck pond/meadow area.
However, my favourite was a nice MacGillivray's Warbler calling in the bushes right below (and to the SE of) Seasons. A lifer for me, so it was nice to finally see one!

Edited to add: Here's my eBird checklist for the afternoon, with photos of some birds: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S29410483
Last edited by Fancy on May 04 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy wrote:QE had some decent migrant activity late this afternoon, at around 4pm. The bushes and trees just East of Seasons had quite a few Wilson's and Yellow-rumped Warblers hopping around.
A Western Wood-Pewee, Warbling Vireos, Olive-sided Flycatcher, empid sp., and Western Tanager were also highlights.
A Band-tailed Pigeon was sitting in a tree along the road to Seasons, and I also had a flyover Red Crossbill near the duck pond/meadow area.
However, my favourite was a nice MacGillivray's Warbler calling in the bushes right below (and to the SE of) Seasons. A lifer for me, so it was nice to finally see one!
:D
Can feel the thrill.
On May 6 I had a western tanager, macgillivray's warbler, bewick's wren, numerous kinglets and bushtits, Townsend's Solitaire, and even a Cooper's hawk. Dipped on my Red Crossbill, but found one in a tree above a bus stop in Coquitlam later lol
Falcon ID (Burnaby)

Awesome, thanks :)

What i did on my Holidays

Great photos of some beautiful birds. It seems I m[…]

I've photographed Tufted Puffins several times at […]

Boundary Bay

A few days ago I took a walk out onto the mudflats[…]