Greater Victoria, Gulf Islands, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo and Centrial Island, Port Alberni, Tofino, North Island
At 12:15pm today Jeremy Gatten found a Redwing in the holly tree in the lane behind the condos at 3957 South Valley Drive. The bird is singing as well indicating its a male. This is most likely the same bird that was present at this location on Dec. 16, 2013 and from Dec 19th, 2015 to April 14th, 2016.

Map to location here:

https://goo.gl/maps/MRoFw9RdFpG2

Congrats Jeremy you are on a roll!

This is the third record for the province of British Columbia.

Cheers,
Mel
By ogopogo
Feb 12, 2017-was there with a dozen birders from 10am-440pm and it wasn't spotted. Mary was saying Nathan had it at 8:30 am in a tree directly at the top of the field, then it flew down to the poplar on SVDrive and into the holly. The landscape has changed significantly. There are 2 new houses almost completed, the big chain of holly trees has been removed and only one remains and it's loaded with holly berries. It will be difficult to see this bird on the street level once those houses are occupied (no access).
Up top at 3957 in the alley of the townhouses (and the owners have been wonderful), we found the holly tree deeper in behind the front holly tree that Jeremy had it in yesterday.
Only a Purple Finch female eating new green buds, a Hermit Thrush and an American Goldfinch to entertain us today (plus chatting with birders). Tomorrow is going to be sunny and warm, so perhaps the Redwing will be out more.

Thank you. I see the bill is a bit crossed. I gues[…]

Immature Gulls

Okay, I am now confident they are juvenile ring-bi[…]

Met a participant of IOCongress2018 yesterday. : )[…]

A few from Brazil...

Wonderful shots, looks like it was a great trip. C[…]