This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
By nickinthegarden
I wanted to express my thanks to the members of this group for the amazing information that you have provided a very new newbie these last few months. I have learned so much the last little while, a whole new world has openned up for me. Your postings of some absolutely amazing photographs have made me want to try so much harder on my own efforts. The ethics and concerns of birders have made me re-think the way I look at the world. I have discovered new joy watching little kids feeding chickadees and discovering that you can "talk to the animals" and they will talk back to you. I have seen areas of the lower mainland that after 50 years I had still not seen. I have met people who travel the world just to find that red-flanked blue-tail and brambling and those who just walk their dog in the park and enjoy what they see. Thank you all for your passions and sharing it where others can learn too.
Nick
By taniab
Oh wow Nick, nicely said. I too enjoy the assistance this site and birders/photographers in general bring to beginning birders.

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]