This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
We first saw 2 outside my parents house in Westmount (kamloops) a couple years ago and since then they have about 6 or so that are always there... My fiance and I moved into our house in Westsyde in April and we have seen about 5 or 6 in the tree outside our bedroom window.
There are a pair of Eurasian Collarded Doves living on Orchard Drive and the nearby part of Marshall Road in Abbotsford for well over a year now.....I see them constantly.
I saw three at Winter Harbour up at the north end of Vancouver Island at the end of June. I was surprised when I got a good look at them as I had thought I had glimpsed Band Tailed Pigeons earlier. They were there a year earlier as well.
We have recently had a Eurasian collared dove come to our yard in Cranbrook - he is a lovely looking bloke! Never have seen the likes of this bird in our community before.
I have a pair at my feeder in Mcleese Lake and a friend has at least 12 birds that come to his farm in Quesnel..They have been here for at least 10 years in the cariboo. From Florida to BC that's a long flight and well established for a exotic species..I was at a Goshawk nest here several years ago and the male brought a ECD to the nest..In the middle of no where..

Lee
Has anyone seen any EC doves with leg bands on them? A mourning dove came to my feeders last year and it had a leg band??? just wondering.

I always look for bands on birds as I use to trap and band raptors years ago..

Lee

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]