This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
By jewill
O.W.L. (Orphaned Wildlife Rehabilitation Society) will be holding it’s annual Christmas fundraiser “OWL I Want for Christmas” on Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 from 10am-3pm. Come and get your picture taken with Santa and his owl helper! Professional photographer Christian Sasse will be behind the lens. Take a tour around our Wildlife Museum, visit birds of prey up close! Enjoy Hot beverages and treats. Find amazing and unique Holiday gifts!
$10 per digital photo. Entry by donation. All proceeds go to the care of injured & orphaned raptors.
All ages welcome. Wheelchair accessible. Sorry, No Pets allowed.
3800 72nd Street, Delta (next to the Boundary Bay airport).
604-946-3171
By jewill
I want to thank everyone who came out to our annual fund raiser yesterday “OWL I Want for Christmas”. It was a resounding success in spite of the poor weather. So much so, that the food truck ran out of food! That’s a first.
If you missed it this year we will have another around the same time next year. And there’s always the Open House weekend; the dates are still to be set but should be the first weekend in May or thereabouts. I will post about it once we have the details confirmed.
Thanks again for supporting your local raptor rehabber...Happy Birding and Merry Christmas.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]